(2) 15 oz. cans (rinsed) pinto beans (or dried beans that are cooked)
4-5 diced tomatoes
1 chopped onion
1 squeezed lemon
3-4 smashed! garlic cloves
Parsley (fresh or dried)
- Sauté onions in oil until transparent.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add beans and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, lemon juice, cumin, parsley, and salt-cook until everything is soft.
- Adjust the flavorings to your liking (add more lemon, cumin, or oil if you prefer)
- That’s it! Now eat it!
It’s easy, healthy, and full of flavor.
Good protein from the beans, lycopene from the cooked tomotoes, and cumin is a spice that is known to be good for the stomach (if I or my daughters’ bellies hurt, my husband makes potatoes and adds cumin to it and makes us eat it like medicine!).
Maybe I’ll share that recipe another time…
Share and enjoy!