- chopped chicken breasts
- smashed! garlic
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped green bell pepper
- chopped green onions
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- chopped cilantro
- extra virgin olive oil
- vegetable oil
- Worcestershire Sauce
- avocado, chopped (optional)
- Saute chicken on skillet with some vegetable oil (we are not frying here!) until cooked and golden brown.
- Then mix the cooked chicken with the rest of the ingredients and adjust the flavorings to your liking.
It should taste very fresh, flavorful and not heavy. Great with brown rice, whole-grain chips, warm pita bread, corn tortillas,
What would you eat this chicken salsa with?
(2) 15 oz. cans (rinsed) pinto beans (or dried beans that are cooked)
4-5 diced tomatoes
1 chopped onion
1 squeezed lemon
3-4 smashed! garlic cloves
Parsley (fresh or dried)
- Sauté onions in oil until transparent.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add beans and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, lemon juice, cumin, parsley, and salt-cook until everything is soft.
- Adjust the flavorings to your liking (add more lemon, cumin, or oil if you prefer)
- That’s it! Now eat it!
It’s easy, healthy, and full of flavor.
Good protein from the beans, lycopene from the cooked tomotoes, and cumin is a spice that is known to be good for the stomach (if I or my daughters’ bellies hurt, my husband makes potatoes and adds cumin to it and makes us eat it like medicine!).
Maybe I’ll share that recipe another time…
Share and enjoy!